Tuesday, April 5, 2011

About Me

Hello. My name is Teddy Holcomb,  I currently reside in Winston-Salem, NC and am in my third year serving as the Director of Percussion for Athletic Bands & Adjunct Faculty for the Music Department at Wake Forest University. I'm attending UNCSA to finally get a music degree with a focus in percussion and help expand what's happening in the percussion scene not only at Wake Forest University, but in the Triad as well.


I'm originally from Troutville, VA, somewhat located in central Virginia I guess you could say... I lived there all my life until I graduated high school. I basically put college on the shelf when I graduated high school in order to march/teach in DCI (Drum Corps International - www.dci.org). I marched with the Crossmen Drum & Bugle Corps ('97) - then based out of Newark, DE and The Bluecoats Drum & Bugle Corps ('99) based out of Canton, OH. Once I aged out from being able to march I began teaching in DCI with Carolina Crown Drum & Bugle Corps from 2001 until 2004 based out of Fort Mill, SC.

During my time in Drum Corps I was also very active in the Indoor Drumline scene with the governing organization WGI (Winter Guard International - www.wgi.org). As a performer I marched with Music City Mystique ('99 - '00) in Nashville, TN. Since that time I have taught, written, designed, and consulted for many different percussion ensemble all over the country.

I am currently the Executive Director of the Wake Forest Independent (WFI) percussion ensemble based out of Winston-Salem, NC under the umbrella of Athletic Bands at Wake Forest University.


I've been married now going on 3yrs. to my beautiful wife Anna. We have an amazing little 19th month old girl (who acts like she's going on 3...) named Jett Faelyn and another little girl on the way, due this August around the 20th! I am in current construction of my own "man cave"...

No comments:

Post a Comment